*NEW* Spring, Summer, Fall 2020 Graduates - Virtual Recognition Ceremony on December 11th!
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we had to postpone our 2020 Commencement ceremonies. In May 2020, we hosted a virtual commencement ceremony for our Spring 2020 graduates. For Fall 2020, to show our appreciation and celebrate our 2020 Graduates’ accomplishment, we have arranged free graduation sessions for our students with Flash Photography to be presented during the 2020 Virtual Recognition Ceremony. Each graduate will have an opportunity to attend a photo session at Campus Hall, Student Center or one of the Dallas or Forth Worth Flash Photography locations. These sessions are by appointment only.
If you are scheduled to attend a photo session, you must be sure to show up for your session no sooner than 10 minutes before your scheduled session time. In addition, please review the safety protocols listed below for your protection.
Safety Protocols for Campus Photo Sessions
Safety of the UNT Dallas graduates, students, faculty and staff is our number one priority during this pandemic. We are able to offer the on campus photos sessions for convenience and give-aways only if we follow these safety protocols put forth by our Risk Assessment Committee:
- Graduates must wear a mask at all times (even outside) on campus, with the exception of the socially distanced photo session.
- Graduates must maintain at least 6 feet or more social distance from others at all times.
- Graduates must follow all instructions of staff onsite who will help with the flow through the process of the photo session.
- Graduates coming for photo sessions on campus cannot bring friends, family or children with them to the session.
- Graduates should come to the session no sooner than 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment to reduce number of people congregating in Campus Hall.
- Students must immediately leave the Student Center and leave campus as soon as the photography session is completed. No congregation with other graduates or stop off in other areas of campus, please.
- The borrowed regalia available on campus and at the studios will be treated with Lysol and the zippers wiped down between uses. If that does not meet your comfort level, you may bring your own purchased regalia or wear professional business attire.
What to Wear:
Students can wear 1) regalia that they have already purchased, 2) borrow regalia on hand at the photo sessions on campus and in the FLASH Photography studios, or 3) professional business attire.
Graduates who Elect Not to Have Photos Taken
Graduates who do not elect to have photos taken will still receive student recognition with name and degree information in the virtual ceremony. Instead of a photograph of the graduate, the University seal will stand in place of the student photo.
After the Live Stream Event
After the live stream virtual commencement ceremony is aired, graduates will be able to access the Student Recognition image free of charge from the Flash Photography site. The photograph will be of the graduate with the University seal as the backdrop along with the graduates name, year, and degree earned. It is a high-resolution digital photograph that can be shared freely with family and friends once downloaded by the graduate. More information about the download process will be provided in December.
If graduates want to select different images taken with different background options, they will be able to order those images from Flash Photography with starting price as low as $9.95.
Fall 2020 Graduates
Application Deadline: November 9, 2020
View video for instructions on how to apply using MyUNTDallas.
To verify the status of your application visit your my.untdallas.edu portal. Status emails will also be sent to your UNT Dallas student email.
For Additional Questions
Please contact the Commencement Coordinator at Graduation@untdallas.edu if you have additional questions or need clarification of information in this message.