Information for Veterans, Military, and Dependents
The UNTD Veterans’ Certification-Registrar’s Office provides information and direction on VA education benefits, Tuition Assistance, and Hazlewood exemption. We are proud to assist new, continuing, and returning veterans, military service members, and dependents in attaining their education goals. The goal of the office is to disseminate information regarding VA education benefits and Hazlewood exemption, collect certification documents, and to serve as a primary source of information and resources for veterans, service members, and their dependents.
In order to utilize VA education Benefits or Hazlewood Exemption at UNT Dallas, students must apply online for admissions, submit all required admissions documents to the Office of Admissions, attend New Student Orientation, and register for classes.
- Submit required documents to the Office of the Registrar after registering for classes.
- Submit all required documents together.
- Fill out forms completely. Incomplete forms or fields left blank will cause delays in processing.
- Inform the VA representative of any changes in enrollment, student status, or degree plan information.
- Check your student email! Notifications about your certification will only be sent to your UNT Dallas student email.
- Allow no less than 7-10 business days after document submission before contacting VA for payment information.
VA Processing times vary. In order to ensure timely payment of benefits students are encouraged to submit certification documents as soon as possible, prior to applicable deadlines, and to notify the Office of the Registrar of changes in student status or enrollment or degree program changes. Students are also encouraged to keep their contact information current via their my.untdallas.edu student portal.
The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children with an education benefit of up to 150 hours of tuition exemption, including most fee charges, at public institutions of higher education in Texas. For the most up to date eligibility requirements and a list of what to submit to the institution click here.
Dallas VA: http://www.northtexas.va.gov/
Texas Veterans Commission: http://www.tvc.state.tx.us/
College for All Texans: http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/
VA Education Benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits Portal: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Joint Services Transcript Request: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
Community College of the Air Force/Air University: http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/